PSP X4 and MuRa Plugins

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

PSP X4 and MuRa Plugins

Post by Muriel »

Good Morning..

A while ago, when I installed Version X3, I could not make the Mura plugins work. So, I installed the patch and added that version to the Data Execution Prevention list, and everything was as it should be.

Now, there is the very same problem with Version X4. Since the patch is already there, I did not install it again, but I did add this new version to the DEP list.. but the problem is still there..

I am driving Vista 32-bit with 2G ram.

Many thanks..

Muriel!

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: PSP X4 and MuRa Plugins

Post by Muriel »

Good Evening..

Oh me nerves! It is several hours later, and I think I found a solution! :roll:

I moved the files that were giving me grief into the Filters Unlimited Folder, and BINGO! All is as nature and the good folks who wrote the software intended!

Muriel!

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Afternoon!

Well, the gremlins are back. The 'fix' was short lived.

Last night I tried using MuRa plug-ins which immediately triggered a 'Memory Access Denied' message. Same with the VanderLee ones. All my attempts to deal with this have been futile. A search on the web turned up some information, but nothing really new.

They work perfectly on other versions. I wonder if PSP will introduce a patch to 'fix' this issue.

Muriel!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

DId you install the PSP X4 Service Pack 1?

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Morning, Sir..

And yes, I have installed that Service Pack 1.

I had to reinstall the program, and it seems that after the reinstall, the plugins no longer worked.

Curiouser and curiouser..

Muriel!

Muriel
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Muriel »

Good Morning..

OOkay, I truly feel silly that this issue was hanging on, and I was not able to fix it. But for your information and others who may be sharing these frustrations, I managed to get them working again.

I finally went the extra step and changed the DEP settings from "Turn on DEP for all programs except those I list" to "Turn on DEP programs for ONLY Windows essential programs and services", rebooted the my computer and BINGO.. they all worked. I was truly shocked.. I think I stared at the screen for a minute; just couldn't believe it! (I can't remember the exact wording, but that is close.)

So, I am passing this little gem along in case others may be having these problems.. it worked for me. I HOPE it lasts!

Muriel!