Vista and Psp7 and plugins help

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
crochetalotr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Vista and Psp7 and plugins help

Post by crochetalotr »

I have vista and psp7 and some plugins. I want to create another subfolder under plugins cause the main plugin folder is getting full, I have tried to make a subfolder and it does not show up in my effects list. I have all the latest dlls. How do I get this to work?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Vista and Psp7 and plugins help

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean you want the sub folder to appear as a sub menu in PSP? It does not work that way. The sub menu names are included in the plugin files themselves, so you need to use e.g. Plugin Commander to change them. Creating a sub folder in your plugin folder only helps you to organize the plugin files on the harddrive and not in PSP.

crochetalotr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by crochetalotr »

So, I cant creat another plugin folder for psp in the plugins folder. I have to put all the plugins in the psp plugins folder then. Thank you for your help

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

PSP lets you place your plugins on your harddrive where you like as long as you point it to the appropriate folder under File > Preferences > File Locations > Plugins.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

In PSP there is no limit to the number of filters you can include in a Plugin Folder. In the Effects Menu Plugin List they will be listed in Alpha Order [ not matter how many Plugin Folders you list in Folder Locations or how you separate them] and they are placed into groups like Plugins 1, Plugins 2 etc. The number seems to be dependant upon how many will fit into the screen height. eg. On my Desktop it shows Plugins 1-3 but on my Laptop it shows Plugins 1-4 because my laptop has less height for the flyout list.
But you can have more than one Plugin Folder in My PSP Files folder if you wanted to or elsewhere. I have two Plugin Folders, 01 and 02 but when viewed within the PSP Effects Menu all I see are the Filters included in those folders in Alpha order.
I chose to have two folders because I wanted to direct PS to look in the My PSP Files/Plugins for its filters and because PS has a limit to the number of filters it will list, I didn't want it adding them all in. Hence the ones I wanted PS to use I placed in 02 folder. This way PSP looks at both folders for filters, but ignores that they are separated and PS will only look in 02. Plus I also have extra control for PS by adding in a ~ [tithe] before a filter folder name if I want PS to ignore that filter.