Problems with plugins Eye Candy and Mura Meister

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
haseenaforever
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problems with plugins Eye Candy and Mura Meister

Post by haseenaforever »

I have PSP X3 and windows vista..I have not had any problems with any of my plugins until a couple weeks ago..Now when I go and try to use EyeCandy 4000 I am getting a message that says plugin needs a selected area or transparency...Never said this before...so I go and select the what it is I am trying to use glow with and it will let me change the colors and so forth but when I click ok the glow doesnt take effect...So I tried using the EyeCandy 5 with gradient glow and this time it shows a black box around the whole image and only makes the glow around this black area

Tonight I was trying to use Mura Meister copies(Wallpaper) and same thing...there is black around my image and it shows that it is copying (Wallpapering) but when I apply it...it only makes the image black and does not copy (wallpaper setting) it.

Finding it very frustrating to do my fav hobby...lol

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Problems with plugins Eye Candy and Mura Meister

Post by HaraldHeim »

Did you install one of the PSP X3 service packs lately? The black area could be caused by lack of memory.

haseenaforever
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by haseenaforever »

Not that I am aware of but I really don't remember if I did...As for memory are u talking memory on my pc?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I mean RAM memory.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

Corel has broken the way PSPX3 handles some filters. It seems to be with the Alpha channel and transparency on my computer. Perhaps you have a newer version or have installed all the patches.
There are 4 updates for X3 and if you install any more than the 2nd patch some of the filters will not work correctly anymore. They have known about this for months but as yet have not bothered to fix it.
Corel support offers the fix of uninstalling the program and after reinstalling only to patch to number 2. This apparently is also the the case for people who have paid for the Ultimate version. Corel support says to remove it and they give a link to an old version of X3 and the instructions not to patch past Patch 2.
I have the same issue with my PSPX3 but as I don't use the program I haven't bothered to go through the above steps. Have found it far too buggy and they still haven't fixed the text tool bug I reported a year ago. I've gone back to PSPX where all my filters work perfectly.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for confirming my suspicion! Too bad, because Service Pack 3 adds support for 16-bit/channel images for plugins, which actually also has bugs, but we addressed them in our plugins.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

Patch 5 seems to have fixed some of the filter problems but FU still has the same problems. It is also there in X4.