CS4 and RAW Conversions

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

CS4 and RAW Conversions

Post by Allen-H »

I use a Panasonic Lumix FZ45 camera and if I shoot in Raw, CS4 cannot open the file to edit, the files have the suffix RW2 I am unable to find a progrmme that will do it. CS4 is 64 bit, any help appreciated

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: CS4 and RAW Conversions

Post by HaraldHeim »

If the last Camera RAW update for CS4 does not support your camera, then you either need to upgrade to CS5 or use another software to convert your RAW files.

You can also use the latest version of Adobe's free DNG Converter to convert your raw files into DNG and then open the DNGs in Photoshop CS4.

There is certainly also some freeware available that supports your camera and lets you convert the raw files into TIFFs that you can then open in Photoshop CS4, but the quality of the raw conversion may not be as good as that of Photoshop CS4.

Another alternative is to buy some other commercial raw conversion software with high processing quality that costs less than the CS5 upgrade.

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks Harald I shall give the dng converter a try or just stick to Raw therapee

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Thanks for the dng converter link, Harald. I find that it works well on my RAW files if I first put them in a seperate folder away from other formats