Re "Banding"

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
sbmkol
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re "Banding"

Post by sbmkol »

I am facing an unusual problem.
We have done an artwork in Coreldraw, utilising vignettes in multicolours. Now, we have taken it to Photoshop by exporting in TIFF format at 300 and even at 450 dpi. Thereafter, we have given effects using the Harry Filters. Now, we are seeing the presence of 'Band' in the areas where there were vignettes,ie. if the colour strength in a particular object goes from 10 to 50%, instead of a smooth vignette, we see 5 or 6 bands with a increasing percentage of the colour. This problem is of crucial importance to us as we want to process it for Offset Printing.
Can anybody suggest a way out for my problem?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If the proplem occurs after using Harrys Filters, then Harrys Filters must have caused it. So either do not use it or try to tweak its settings.

If the problem does not relate to Harrys Filters, then you probably used the wrong settings for saving the TIFF file.

sbmkol
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by sbmkol »

Which settings should I recheck while exporting the tiff or bmp file?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I used CorelDraw in the past, but I am not a real expert. However, before saving the image file, you should be able to adjust some settings. You should try to save with the higherst color depth, at least 16 million colors also known as 24bit.