1.61 - August 2010
supports visual styles
- Bug Fix:The width of the main
window was not restored after startup
- Bug Fix: When a selected drive
is unavailable, Plugin Commander does not crash anymore.
options that enable you to send us an email were
updated with new email addresses.
installer now updates necessary system files.
This makes sure that Plugin Commander runs without
installer makes Plugin Commander run as administrator
to avoid file acces problems under Vista and Windows
7. This option can be deactivated, but
we do not recommed it.
installer now supports a total of 38 languages.
manual was updated.
1.60 (Installer Update - Pro Version only) - February
The previous installation
did not create the scripts sub folder
in the Plugin Commander Pro folder. As a result
the effect of some plugins were not executed,
because Plugin Commander Pro was not able to access
the scripts sub folder.
Version 1.60 Revision
2, Pro Revision
8) - August 2006
- Bug Fix:
When convering an FFL file (without
the "Automatically create sub folder(s)" check box activated) the
resulting .8bf files were placed in the root folder of the hard drive
(e.g. C:\) instead of the chosen folder.
- The old installation did not run on some
systems, so we decided to use another installation tool.
New in Version 1.60 - July 2005
Plugin Types with more
than three letters in the file extension
- The latest Paint Shop Pro file types are now available
under Preferences > Plugin Types.
- New desktop icon in File View to switch to the desktop
- New "Revert", "Use as Preview Image" and "Zoom"
features in Picture Editor
Large Images are now automatically
fit to the screen in Picture Editor
- If the folder path isn't fully displayed at the
bottom of each pane, you can see the full path as
a tool tip.
The menu icons were
colorized and also made smaller
to avoid that they get cut off.
The icons of the image
list in File menu were removed to
let the user see which the current
selected preview image is.
- Menu icons were added in Picture Editor
- The gray side bars in some dialogs were replaced
by standard Windows title bars.
- The URLs from the FX Download dialog have been updated
- Email addresses that are
used for Help > Send Mail were updated as well
as the Newsletter URL in Help > Online.
by step instructions were added to the help
First time users will be prompted
for a plugin folder.
- Bug Fixes:
When converting FFL files the
option "Automatically create sub folder(s)"
works correctly now (and doesn't produce sub
folders recursively anymore).
- Sometimes the previous folder was not displayed
when starting Plugin Commander
- Switching to another folder with the Folder menu
will now update the Plugin View.
- Bug that made the Plugin
Commander window disappear in rare cases was fixed.
The Add button in the Image tab
of the Preferences dialog works again.
- Msvcrt10.dll isn't removed anymore when uninstalling
- Resizing the main window now also works for left-handed
tubes, PSP frames and PSP images
are now displayed in the browser
and preview window. They can also
be opened in Picture Editor by
double clicking them. You don't
need to have Paint Shop Pro installed
anymore to view them.
- In Plugin View
the new "Photoshop Mode" check box simulates
the Filter menu structure of Photoshop
6, 7, CS and CS2. The previous "Photoshop
Mode" was renamed to "Old Photoshop Mode"
and shows the Filter menu structure of
Photoshop 3, 4 and 5.
command was renamed to "Execute
- The Crash Inspector
feature was disabled.
- Bug Fixes:
Double clicking an item
in the Browser sometimes caused an error
message, because of a wrong file path.
This was fixed.
New in Version
1.52 - February 2001
- Ten new Paint Shop Pro file types are recognized by
Plugin Commander: PSP Tubes, PSP 6 Patterns, PSP 6 Textures,
PSP 7 Shapes, PSP 7 Textures/Patterns, PSP Brushes, PSP
Frames, PSP Gradients, PSP Images, PSP Masks and PSP Styled
Lines. (Self defined plugin types that were previously
added to the Plugin Types tab in the Options dialog will
be lost and will have to be added again.)
- The PSP file types are displayed
with the PSP icon in File View to be easily recognizable
- The Filter Download dialog was
renamed to "FX Download" and additonally contains hundreds
of download links to PSP Tubes
- Plugin View update problem fixed
- Scaning all sub folders in Plugin View is possible
- Opening JPG files is supported now
The ten new PSP file types can
be disabled and enabled in Plugin View
- The following file types can now be viewed in the
Preview window: PSP Tubes, PSP 6 Patterns, PSP 6 Textures,
PSP 7 Shapes, PSP 7 Textures/Patterns, PSP Frames,
PSP Images, PSP Masks. (But you need to have PSP installed
to view tubes, shapes, frames and PSP images.)
- PSP textures, patterns and masks are now displayed in
the Browser and can be opened in the Picture Editor with
a double click.
- The settings of scriptable/actionable Photoshop-compatible
plugins are restored during sessions
New in Version
1.51 - December 2000
- Some icons were made transparent to adapt to different
- Resizing the main window works correctly even if the window
content is displayed while dragging.
- Hidden files and system files are displayed in File View
- Plugin List command works correctly again
- New and smaller Setup
- The plugins included with Photoshop 6 can be executed,
applied and previewed now
- The plugins included with Photoshop 4, 5 and 5.5 work correctly
now even, if plugin.dll isn't present in your system folder
- Improved plugin crash protection: If a plugin should crash,
you don't need to restart Plugin Commander Pro anymore to
be able to execute other plugins.
- Bug removed that caused problems when previewing in FFL
- 'Create FLL' and 'Convert' from FFL View work correctly
- No crash anymore when working with the 'virtual filters'
in Plugin View in Photoshop Mode
New in Version 1.50
- September 2000
Multiple filter plugins like EyeCandy
are supported and displayed correctly in Plugin View
Support for several new plugin and file types:
All Photoshop-compatible plugin types (e.g.
import, export, file format plugins), Photoshop Action files,
Paintshop Pro tubes, Illustrator plugins, Ulead plugins, ACDSee
plugins, Acrobat plugins, ActiveX plugins, Avid Express plugins,
Corel I/E Filter plugins, Hollywood FX effects, Adobe Indesign
plugins, Lightwave plugins, Maya plugins, Painter plugins,
PhotoImpact plugins, Photo-Paint plugins, QuarkXpress XTensions,
Quick Time extensions, trueSpace plugins, Ultimate Paint plugins
Define additional plugin types yourself in the new
'Plugin Types' tab sheet in Preferences
Importing and reading FFX (Filter Unlimited)
source code files is supported (but not all of them will
work with Filter Factory)
- New method of disabling plugins
of Photoshop-compatible plugins:
The effect of all Photoshop-compatible
plugins (not only Filter Factory plugins) can now
be calculated by Plugin Commander. The preview JPG
files aren't necessary anymore which makes the setup
You can run Photoshop-compatible plugins
directly within Plugin Commander by e.g. double
Improved simulation of Photoshop's Filter menu
Changing the category of filters that are contained
in a multiple filter plugin is possible now
Enabling and disabling of the new and self
defined plugin types in Plugin View
- You can place preview images for plugins of any type in the Preview
sub folder to make them display in the Preview window. Read the
text file in the Preview sub folder for more details.
- Premiere Filter Factory 5.1c and Premiere Transition Factory
are supported now
- All cache files will be rebuilt by Plugin Commander 1.50. This
is necessary, because the cache format has changed and multiple
filter plugins wouldn't be displayed correctly otherwise.
- A so called Crash Inspector was built-in for tracking
missbehaving 8bf plugins which cause a crash. Crash Inspector will
put them on a black list and warn you the next time you want to
run them. If they work properly the next time they will be removed
from the back list.
'No Dialog' checkbox in Preferences for creating
FF plugins that don't display a dialog
- Dozens of bug fixes
- New Unzip & Run command for viewing the content of zip files
and executing files from within zip files.
- When switching to Plugin View all sub folders are scanned recursively
for plugins and not only the first level of sub folders. This
will give you a more precise overview over your plugins especially
in Photoshop Mode. You can also view all plugins on your hard
drive by selecting the root folder and switching to Plugin View.
- Under some circumstances double clicking plugins in Plugin View
caused problems when switching back to Filter View. That's fixed
- The Browser didn't recreate the cache sub folder automatically
if it was accidentally deleted. This led to unnecessary error
- Automatically creating sub folders with the Unzip command works
- Undo works correctly in the Picture Editor when pressing Cancel
in filter factory plugins
- *-button for generating random filter effects in the Batch Processing
- Non-24bit images are now automatically converted to 24bit when
filters are applied in the Batch Processing dialog
- Using GIF as Output Format doesn't cause problems anymore in
the Batch Processing dialog
New in Version 1.01 - November
- Three new menu items to allow easy access to the folder, preview
image and application menu lists
The most recently accessed folders are now added
at the top of the folder list
- Completely reworked Filter Download dialog
- FF Editor's Save As command uses the correct folder now
- Premiere 5.1 FF plugins are now recognized correctly
- New Help > Online menu
- Cancelling the save file dialogs in the Picture Editor and main
window doesn't display an error message anymore
- The File View Mode is now remembered between sessions
- The File Information menu item has been renamed Properties
Small main window resize correction
Freeze problem removed occurring with the PhotoOptics
plugins now fixed
Right click in Classic Mode used to cause a crash
Open Pic in FF Editor used to refuse to load BMP
The preview image can now be saved
New Find command which invokes the standard Windows
Find dialog in File and Plugin View. In FFL View the Find command
replaces the former Search command.
- The category and filter name of Premiere FF plugins are now displayed
and saved correctly in the FF Editor
Version 1.0 - October 1999
Version 0.4.24 - February 1999
Version 0.4 - August 1998
Version 0.3 - January 1998
Version 0.2 - November 1997
Version 0.1 - October 1997
- Inofficial unpublished alpha version
8bf2prm 0.99 - 1.11 - September/October
- Ancestor of Plugin Commande for converting
Photoshop Filter Factory to Premiere Filter Factory files. Freeware.
to the Plugin Commander Main Page