Version 2.04 with Photoshop CC 2015.5 support
extends the functionality of the Adobe
Camera Raw plugin in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
It lets you open camera raw files with Adobe Camera
Raw, which are normally not supported by it, and allows
applying Adobe Camera Raw as a filter to image layers.
In Photoshop Elements MetaRaw provides automatic lens
correction and chromatic aberration removal features
for Adobe Camera Raw. Additionally MetaRaw includes
its own raw converter, which has several advantages
over Adobe Camera Raw.
New in Version 2
- Support for UI Scaling and HiDPI
- Thumbnail preview and EXIF data display
of raw files
- Progress bar on the MetaRaw progress
- MetaRaw Converter offers faster raw
file conversion with sharper details, high ISO fine grain
and less artifacts.
- The sharpening and color noise reduction
features in Camera Raw are now automatically activated when
using MetaRaw Converter.
- New "JPEG Extractor" feature
that extracts jpeg data from raw files if the raw file is
not recognized by any of the three raw converters.
- New "Camera Raw Smart Object"
feature for converting normal layers into a smart object
that can be edited with Camera Raw.
Correction feature for correcting color and cropping problems
of unknown future raw file formats
- Support for the raw files of more than
60 new cameras
- Open raw files with Adobe Camera Raw
that are normally not supported by it
- Apply Adobe Camera Raw as a filter
in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
- Create smart objects that can be edited
with Adobe Camera Raw
- Apply automatic lens corrections and
remove chromatic aberration with Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop
Elements 10 and higher
- Choose between Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe
DNG Converter and MetaRaw's own converter for opening camera
raw files. If one of them does not support a certain raw
file, one of the others is used automatically.
process the output of the Adobe DNG Converter and
the MetaRaw Converter with Adobe Camera Raw
- Advantages of the MetaRaw Converter:
- Produces images that are up
to 0.4 megapixel larger than those of Adobe Camera
- Is able to open raw files from
unknown future cameras (even without an update)
- Supports 160 camera models and
13 raw file extensions that are not supported by the
latest version of Adobe Camera Raw
- Produces images with better details
and less moire than Adobe Camera and DNG Converter with
its "Very High" or "High (Moire Removal)"
- Produces more natural looking images
than Adobe Camera Raw from cameras with an Fujufilm
- Preserves more shadow and highlight
details at default settings than Adobe Camera Raw
- Produces more natural skin colors
in some cases
- Its output looks quite similar
to Adobe Camera Raw
to open raw images in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements without
displaying the Camera Raw dialog