Plug-ins and Special Effects for Photography

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Norman Donnell
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Plug-ins and Special Effects for Photography

Postby Norman Donnell » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:58 am

:D [size=18][i][b]I do a bit of wedding photography. Does anyone know of plug-ins that are especially designed to enhance photographs, e.g. borders, misty effects, montages within flower (e.g. bride and groom in flowers or brandy glass). That type of thing. Many thanks. Norman Donnell[/b][/i][/size]

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:28 pm

There are a lot of plugins for such things. If you have a few hundred dollars to spend you can have a look at the AutoFX products at www.autofx.com. You can also have a look at Edge & Frame Galaxy or HyperTyle at www.thepluginsite.com.

A complete overview of other commercial plugins can be found at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/commercialps.htm

If you are looking for free plugins, have a look at the Free Plugins page at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeps.htm

Sage

Wedding Lace

Postby Sage » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:26 pm

Maybe Wedding Lace or Jubilee Lace would be of interest, or gold, silver or bejewelled borders?

www.photoshopgraphics.co.uk

AutoFX.............

Postby Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 12:02 am

Anything AutoFX is a great fit for wedding type photos. Can take some time getting used too, but the results can be stunning. Check them out.

Judy

I have bad luck with AutoFX

Postby Judy » Sat May 01, 2004 6:02 am

I got one of their plugins, metal mixer as a gift from a friend last summer... I had problems and emailed them and I am getting nothing but autoresponses for almost a year. :cry:

Re: I have bad luck with AutoFX

Postby Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 6:07 am

Judy wrote:I got one of their plugins, metal mixer as a gift from a friend last summer... I had problems and emailed them and I am getting nothing but autoresponses for almost a year. :cry:

Just to make it clear, I lost my mac to a storm and did not have time to backup the installer so requested another download but the customer support has never got back with me - for $50... nice.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sat May 01, 2004 8:12 pm

Judy (and/or Guest?), if you send me your order details, I can contact AutoFX and try to get you a redownload. I'm qute sure that they won't overlook your case if the complain comes from me.

Postby Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 9:52 pm

Thank you so much.. may I send it to webmaster at thepluginsite.com? I will anyway.. and have a great weekend :D

2 Regrets

Postby 2 Regrets » Fri May 07, 2004 4:52 am

a misty effect. open the pic in photoshop, copy it to a new layer. run a gaussian blur on the new layer (use a radius of about 5 to start).
drop the opacity of this layer to about 50%.

once you see the effect, play with the blur and opacity numbers to suit.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”