Photoshop Elements 4

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
fasmom
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop Elements 4

Postby fasmom » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:58 pm

I'm having problems installing plugins in PSE4. i put them in the plugins folder (PSE4 is not open) but when I open PSE4 they don't appear. I've tried rebooting computer, etc. but nothing seems to work. They worked fine in my PSE3.

Help please.....
Thanks in advance

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:36 am

Which plugins?

fasmom
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby fasmom » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:02 am

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I'm having problems with Vizros Curl, Horizonaus Stripes are In, Distort, Optikverbs virtualPhotographer. They are all filters I used for creating elements for scrapbooking kits.But now I can't get them to work no matter where I put them. I have a few others as well but haven't tried to install them because none seem to work other than the ones that came with PSE4 other than one set I have called "Simple Filters" by Alexander Blair (I think) I finally got it to work.

Thanks so much. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Donna

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Please check if these plugins really are in the Plug-Ins sub folder of the Photoshop Elements folder.

Col 3:17
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Photoshop Elements 4 & Plug-ins

Postby Col 3:17 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:11 am

Like the other poster in this thread I, too, am experiencing difficulties with plug-ins and PhotoShop Elements 4. It appears as if PSE4 has a maximum number of plug-ins that it will install in any one session; if I move some of my plug-ins to a temporary "holding" folder others in my collection will install and be available.

I also rely upon PSP9 and have previously used earlier versions of PSP and PSE and have never seen this before. In those applications I may use any and all plug-ins that are in the applicable folder.

It's possible to "point" PSE4 to one other plug-ins folder (through Preferences) but again only a portion of the plug-ins in my collection will appear in the list of filters when PSE4 is running.

Even if the plug-ins are installed in the Plug-ins subfolder in PSE4 they will not appear if all are placed there. It just seems as if there is a limit on this and I've never seen this before in any of my other graphics apps and I cannot find any confirmation anywhere from Adobe, etc.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”