Another small Problem OnOne related

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Another small Problem OnOne related

Post by Allen-H »

I installed a small plug in called Photo Tools it installed into the plug ins folder as normal. Tried it a few times but I did not particularly like it so I uninstalled it using all the tools necessary It was a through job and nothing was left. Thereby lies the problem. Everytime I start Photoshop now it looks for the DLL for Photo Tools but I no longer have it. Photoshop will work after I have closed the warning window and I can close the splash Screen see screen shot. after 4 or 5 tries. Question how do I stop the warning sign popping up every time

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Problem solved,I re installed PS CS 4 which cured the problem

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like the OnOne uninstallation did not do its job completely. Reinstalling Photoshop would be too much work for me. On the other hand I could not tell you what file or registry entry to remove in order to have the message go away. It is probably not just done by removing a .8bf file from the plugin folder.

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

Hello Harald,
I tracked down the problem with the Photo Tools Dll and removed the offending dll connection, but having done that another warning popped up that Photoshop was unable to find a Dll for the welcome screen. This then decided me to re install CS4, which I did over the top of the original, leaving my downloaded plugins intact. Reading through the onOne site I discovered that I had installed the version 1 which was for CS2 &CS3 no mention of CS4 so that may have contributed to my problem, also on other website there were comments in their forums that onOne software did have problems with Vista

Allen-H
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Allen-H »

ARRRRGH.
The problem came back and it was looking for DLL files again, so reinstalling PSCS4 is not a solution. I have now put the dll files which I luckily kept on a separate disc back into the Photoshop .exe folder and that seems to have done the trick