Paint Shop Pro X2 Photo and DDS

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
BradS
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Paint Shop Pro X2 Photo and DDS

Post by BradS »

I've tried to install the NVidia DDS PS plugin into PSP X2 Photo, and while it shows up on Save As menu, it will not actually save a dds file, and instead PSP throws a "Plugin cannot read requested format". I've un-installed and re-installed the NVidia DDS plugin several times, with the same end effect.

Any one have any clues? Any other DDS filters/plugins that work with PSP X2 Photo?

thanks,
Brad

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I suspect that this plugin only works with Photoshop and is not compatible with PSP.

BradS
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by BradS »

HaraldHeim wrote:I suspect that this plugin only works with Photoshop and is not compatible with PSP.
Thanks Harry, for the followup. That was my fear, and I was hoping vigorously that it was not the case. PSP has a good history, to my knowledge, of PS plugin compatibility so I was rather surprised it didn't work, especially coming from NVidia.

By chance, are you aware of another plugin that may suffice to read/write .DDS format?

thanks,
Brad

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, no. Try to contact Nvdia. Maybe they will update it for PSP compatibility.

BradS
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by BradS »

HaraldHeim wrote:Sorry, no. Try to contact Nvdia. Maybe they will update it for PSP compatibility.
Ok, thanks. I did drop a note on the NVidia Developer forum but from lookng around there not a lot of response there so I'm not holding my breath.... :lol:

Thanks again,
Brad

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

I see their website was "Last Updated: 05 / 04 / 2007", so that's a clue! Time to look elsewhere...
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com