ps cs3 and the bw styler

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
pilami
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ps cs3 and the bw styler

Post by pilami »

hi,
I tried to install the bw styler with ps cs3 and I can find it in plug in file of ps but it does not appear in the program itself, not in filters or not anywhere else.
did I forget to install anything? I did it with the plugin installer.

pilami
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

i think there is sth wrong with the installation

Post by pilami »

I solved the problem, but not like it was said on all your installation helps, so perhaps somebody else might try my way and be successful too:
I put the bw styler NOT in the plug in folder but in the filter folder directly - and now it works, that's nice.
but perhaps harry could give this tip in his installation manual? It would have saved me a lot of time ':-?'
merry christmas

pilami

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It works here if placed in the Plug-Ins folder. Not sure why you need to place it under \Plug-Ins\Filters\.

Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Markus3d »

I do not have Photoshop, but my guess, which came first in my mind:

Does the photoshop contain some sort of user option to change the plugins-folder? Or would the path to plugins be in some *.ini-file in Photoshop or system folder..?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Photoshop offers an "Additional Plugin Path" option, but that should not change the first plugin path.

Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Markus3d »

Hmm, if there are differences between systems, like XP and Vista, other systems..? Propably not, if default plug-in folder cannot be changed.

One more thing would be, if Photoshop saves plugin path to registry and/or registry would have been cleaned with some regclean program, which might contain bugs or other errors. Next solution would be reinstalling Photoshop in existing folder, so the settings could be redone with installation default.

And still Merry Christmas for all users. :)