Focal Blade does not show up in Filter Menu

FocalBlade specific discussions
cbablick
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Focal Blade does not show up in Filter Menu

Post by cbablick »

Hi,

i'm using Photoshop CS2 (German Version). After installing Focal Blade 1.04b and running the plugin installer i don't see Focal Blade in the Filters menu.

Did i do something wrong?!?

Please Help!

cheers
christian

cbablick
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by cbablick »

After playing around a bit i found that in the German Version i need to copy the plugin to the "Zusatzmodule" Folder. It works now!

Sorry for starting that thread!

cheers
christian

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Unfortunately Adobe localizes the names of the Photoshop sub folders including the Plug-Ins folder. For example in the German versions the "Plug-Ins" folder it is called "Zusatzmodule" and in the french version it is called "Modules". I do not know any other company that does that. A very bad habit.

If you use the Plugin Installer that is executed at the end of the installation, it automatically detects the appropriate folder no matter which localized version of FocalBlade you are using.

cbablick
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by cbablick »

In my case there's a Plug-In Folder AND a "Zusatzmodule" Folder ... The plugin installer didn't find the "Zusatzmodule" Folder automatically.

Agree, very bad habit by Adobe!

Thanks for your reply!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You probably had an English version of Photoshop installed earlier. I do not know why the German Photoshop installation does not overwrite the English plugin folder location in the registry, but I found the same problem on another person's computer.