Color to Black and White

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
scriptdoc
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Color to Black and White

Post by scriptdoc »

I have an image that I want to start with color on 1 end, and gradually fade it to black and white by the time it gets to the other end. Plugins for that? Help?
Thanks!

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

You don´t need a plug-in for that.

Use a semi-transparent gradient fading from black to white on a new layer with the blend set to Saturation.

You can also duplicate the image layer, make the top one greyscale, make a feathered selection (to create the fade effect) and delete.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Check out the Desaturation Gradient plugin from the PhotoFreebies at http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

I think I'm going nuts by telling people not to use plug-ins on a plug-in forum :D

It should be much easier with the above plug-in.

scriptdoc
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by scriptdoc »

Yep - the plugin is perfect -thanks!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Jaci wrote:I think I'm going nuts by telling people not to use plug-ins on a plug-in forum :D
I just thought it may be good to mention a plugin for that task. There are a lot of task that are so complex that a plugin alone won't help. So it is good to know how to achieve some effects without plugins in order to extend these steps to more complex ones for more complex effects. But for more simple every-day effects a plugin usually can save some time.