backgrounds

Comments and discussions about Edge & Frame Galaxy
steamin_baby@yahoo.com

backgrounds

Post by steamin_baby@yahoo.com »

Was wondering if anyone could help me with small problem .... was trying to figure out how to make backgrounds transparent using the edges in psp 6

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

See
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutori ... ingPSP.htm

I hope that is what you are looking for.

steamin
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by steamin »

have tried all that . what i`m trying to do is have no black or white around finished picture ... meaning after edge u see nothing

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You have to add the edge as a new layer above the image. Then you can select Multiply as the blending mode for that layer. After doing that the image will shine through.

Candice

Post by Candice »

I have the same problem.

After applying the edge file (I used the black background one) to my photo. It look good. But I want to changed the black background (from the edge file) to another colour or even transparent. How do I do that?

Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

To make the background white, simply invert the edge layer and use Screen blend mode. To make the background transparent simply change the opacity of the layer.

To give the background another color, you need to do it differently. There are several ways. One would be to set blend mode back to normal, click with the magic wand on the middle white area and press the Del key. Another way would be to use the edge itself as a mask to make the middle white are transparent. After that you can colorize the edge background.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the information.

But the transparent background did not work for me. I changed the opacity to 0% for the edge layer but the shape of the edge file will be gone. So back to square one.

Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, you are right. Sorry. You need to make the inner area of the mask transparent at first then you can use the Opacity slider to change the transparency of the background.

Candice

Post by Candice »

Thanks. I have tried what you said but I still can't get it. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Could you please advise in step. Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ok, here we go:

1. Paste the edge file as a layer on top of the photo.
2. Click with the magic wand tool on the inner white area.
3. If necessary feather the selection.
4. Hit the Del key.
5. Change the Opacity slider.

There are other ways (more elegant methods but also more complex) to do this depending on which application you use. But these instructions will work with most graphics applications.

Post by Guest »

Thanks