PI 8 and cutout text

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
Filter

PI 8 and cutout text

Post by Filter »

I must say I love PI 8 and all the goodies it has, but there is one thing that has always bothered me about PI. It has no cutout text effect. I also know I am not the only person that hates the fact it does not have it. How hard would it be to make a filter that does cutout text or just add the effect to the program? I found two ways to make cutout text in PI but both take time and do not work well with all fonts or anti-alias text. It seems like such a simple effect too. Anyways I just wanted to rant about that and see if anyone has a better way than I do of making cutout text using PI.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

PI 8 has a drop shadow effect, right? Try the following: Make your selection, then invert it and apply a drop shadow effect.

I'm not sure if it works, but a cutout effect is basically a reversed drop shadow effect.

Filter
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Filter »

It's a bit more complex than that but that's basiclly how I did it. I just wanted to see if people knew of an easier way to go about, one where you can use anti-alias text. Selections of anti-alais text do not turn out well at all with PI. It can also be done using Path Tools but that is a huge hassle. :lol:

brookinc

try this

Post by brookinc »

PIZoner
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by PIZoner »

I made a task that makes some pretty decent cutout effects for path objects..
You might download and try it. There are several tasks on that page for PI 4, 6,7, and 8.
Get into the Zone...

The ZONE is NITRO powered.