Color Settings for Monitor

Comments and discussions about other graphics tools
EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Color Settings for Monitor

Post by EYE-lene! »

I'm not sure where to post this question so I hope I'm in the right place.
I just got a new monitor & now the skin color of models in many of my edited images looks too dark. I am afraid to edit anymore for fear of this problem. Can anybody suggest a solution? I downloaded a program that's suppose to measure the color settings but it's so confusing. Please help!
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I wrote something about monitor calibration in the ColorWasher manual:
http://thepluginsite.com/products/photo ... ration.htm

As you seem to do this professionally, I recommend that you purchase a monitor callibration device like Spyder from Colorvision.

EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Monitor Problems

Post by EYE-lene! »

Thank you, Harry. You always answer my questions so quickly. Where do you ever find the time? As it turns out, a friend of mine suggested I go to the control panel & use the Adobe Gamma feature. It worked in less then a minute. I couldn't believe how easy it was. However, I really appreciate your advice & this site is the best. I always tell all my artist friends to come here. Keep up the good work!
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Adobe Gamma is fine for semi-professional purposes and most CRT monitors. If you have a TFT monitor or need absolute accurate colors, you should nevertheless consider using a monitor calibration device.