Trying to FADE

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
chaitereye

Trying to FADE

Post by chaitereye »

I am trying to do something simple like fade an image to use as background stationery to write on. Is there a filter for that or can I do it easily in photoshop? Nobody I asked seems to know. Thanx in advance for your help!

tudor

Post by tudor »

send me the photo(100k or less) and i am going to send you the result . if that is what you want i will let you know how is done
teodor68@aol.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

To "fade" an image in Photoshop double click it in the Layers palette to turn it into a layer. Then turn the Transparency in the Layers palette to something between 10% and 50%.

If you want to fade it to a special color, create a new layer and fill it with your desired color. Finally drag it beneath the image layer in the Layers palette.

WendySBC

fade for baclground

Post by WendySBC »

I am a total amateur at PhotoShop and found an easy way to do this Open your original image. Open a new image the same size. Using the paint bucket tool, select the original image as the flood fill and set the opacity to a low setting. Experiment until yoou have the desired shade.

muldjord

fading an image

Post by muldjord »

HaraldHeim wrote:To "fade" an image in Photoshop double click it in the Layers palette to turn it into a layer. Then turn the Transparency in the Layers palette to something between 10% and 50%.

If you want to fade it to a special color, create a new layer and fill it with your desired color. Finally drag it beneath the image layer in the Layers palette.
Most image editors will allow you to adjust the 'gamma' - just set the gamme to 1,5 or higher.

Roo
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Roo »

Several way...here are a few:

Adjust saturation - Image>>>Adjsut Hue Saturation

Bring Up Curves - Image>>>Adjust Curves

New Adjustment Layer - Layer>>>New Adjustment Layer - Choose Hue/Saturation or Curves

Duplicate the layer - delete the background - Leave white or fill with color - select the layer you created when you duplicated - Use the multiply blend mode to blend into the background

The thing with Photoshop is that there are countelss ways of acheiving something.