greyscale 2 color photo

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
unknown

greyscale 2 color photo

Post by unknown »

can anyone help me converting my old greyscale photos into color photos.
thanx

Re: greyscale 2 color photo

Post by Guest »

unknown wrote:can anyone help me converting my old greyscale photos into color photos.
thanx

Sure! If you're using Photoshop, first sepia tint your black & white photo. Convert it to RGB mode. Then use the sliders in Hue/Saturation to colorize your photo. If you want more than one color first make a copy of the original photo. Name one of them 'working copy'. Using Hue/Saturation color one thing at a time (skin, hair, clothing, grass, etc). After coloring each item clone the result to the other copy until you have your whole photo colored. Or you can make a selection of what you are coloring at the moment so that the rest of the photograph isn't affected to color each item separately. That way you don't have to clone to another photo.
It usually helps to touch up with some paint too. I find the best paint palette is a color photo of the person in the black & white photo or at least someone with similar skin and hair tones.

Hope this helps you. If you want you can go to my website to see some of the examples of old photos I have done.

Wanda
www.wandabarton.com