Plug-ins and Special Effects for Photography

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are a lot of plugins for such things. If you have a few hundred dollars to spend you can have a look at the AutoFX products at www.autofx.com. You can also have a look at Edge & Frame Galaxy or HyperTyle at www.thepluginsite.com.

A complete overview of other commercial plugins can be found at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/commercialps.htm

If you are looking for free plugins, have a look at the Free Plugins page at http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeps.htm

Sage

Wedding Lace

Post by Sage »

Maybe Wedding Lace or Jubilee Lace would be of interest, or gold, silver or bejewelled borders?

www.photoshopgraphics.co.uk

AutoFX.............

Post by Guest »

Anything AutoFX is a great fit for wedding type photos. Can take some time getting used too, but the results can be stunning. Check them out.

Judy

I have bad luck with AutoFX

Post by Judy »

I got one of their plugins, metal mixer as a gift from a friend last summer... I had problems and emailed them and I am getting nothing but autoresponses for almost a year. :cry:

Re: I have bad luck with AutoFX

Post by Guest »

Judy wrote:I got one of their plugins, metal mixer as a gift from a friend last summer... I had problems and emailed them and I am getting nothing but autoresponses for almost a year. :cry:
Just to make it clear, I lost my mac to a storm and did not have time to backup the installer so requested another download but the customer support has never got back with me - for $50... nice.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Judy (and/or Guest?), if you send me your order details, I can contact AutoFX and try to get you a redownload. I'm qute sure that they won't overlook your case if the complain comes from me.

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much.. may I send it to webmaster at thepluginsite.com? I will anyway.. and have a great weekend :D

2 Regrets

Post by 2 Regrets »

a misty effect. open the pic in photoshop, copy it to a new layer. run a gaussian blur on the new layer (use a radius of about 5 to start).
drop the opacity of this layer to about 50%.

once you see the effect, play with the blur and opacity numbers to suit.