Puppet Warp Tool

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
jap47
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Puppet Warp Tool

Post by jap47 »

Hi Harald,

I like the extensions that came with XXL2 and thanks for bringing that.
Momentarely I have a problem with the Puppet Warp Tool despite reading the Manual.
It is not working correctly. Here are my observations:
  • The Mesh is larger than the image at te start.
    When clikcing on the grid an extra set of buttons to commit or undo appears beside the image. These buttons don't respond.
    Clicking on a node doesn't show a pin and clicking a second time in another place makes the grid disappear.
    The layer thunmail becomes transparant.
    Using this tool made Photoshop Elements freeze several times.
What do you think the case is here?
TIA

Hans
Attachments
ScreenHunter_32-Jan.-27-14.16.jpg
ScreenHunter_32-Jan.-27-14.16.jpg (94.24 KiB) Viewed 12837 times
ScreenHunter_32 Jan. 27 14.17.jpg
ScreenHunter_32 Jan. 27 14.17.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 12837 times

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Puppet Warp Tool

Post by HaraldHeim »

The mesh being larger than the image is normal. It may be fixed in a future version. I also know that the two icons that appear in the image window do not work. You have to press the Enter key or use the same icons on the tool options bar to apply the warping.

I just noticed when testing it in Photoshop Elements 12 that the grid vanishes. It works fine in Photoshop Elements 11 though. I hope I can find a fix, otherwise the puppet warp feature will only be usable in Photoshop Elements 11.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Puppet Warp Tool

Post by HaraldHeim »

Photoshop Elements 12 makes the layer fully transparent after setting a second pin. So far I did not find anything to avoid it. It seems that I will have to deactivate the puppet warp feature for Photoshop Elements 12 and only make it available for Photoshop Elements 11 in ElementsXXL 2.01. Sorry.