Content-Aware Features

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Content-Aware Features

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your kind comments, subsen. I will check if some content-aware functionality is already hidden in Photoshop Elements 11, but I am not confident. Maybe it will be added in Photoshop Elements 12 in a few months. Then I might be able to improve that functionality. Other than that, there are still a lot of things that can be added to ElementsXXL. Some of it is hidden in Photoshop Elements, some of it has to be programmed separately.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Content-Aware Features

Post by HaraldHeim »

Actually the spot healing brush tool in Photoshop Elements 11 already has a Content Aware option. A test showed that the spot healing brush tool in Photoshop Elements 11 works like the one in Photoshop CS6.

But there are no content-aware Fill and Move features yet and they also cannot be triggered in PSE 11. Hopefully they will be built into Photoshop Elements 12.

I never been a great fan of the content-aware features of Photoshop. They fail for complex cases and you have to manually retouch anyway. I usually prefer to do it manually, which gives you more control and in many cases produces better results, although it requires more time.