Not working scripts in Elements 11

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
jap47
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Not working scripts in Elements 11

Post by jap47 »

Hi Harald,
This morning I was going through the scripts and I noteced that several didn't work.
It concerns: Photomerge, merge to HDR and Load files into stack. In the manual it says that a script might or might not work. With some Javascript knowledge it could be fixed. Are the three mentioned scripts falling under this category? (Sadly enough I don't have sufficient knowledge of Js).

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Not working scripts in Elements 11

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Photomerge script that is delivered with Photoshop Elements 11 works. Only the Photoshop version of this script does not work in Photoshop Elements, so better use the Photoshop Elements version of it.

The Merge to HDR script requires the HDRMergeUI.8BF plugin. I am not sure if this plugin works in Photoshop Elements. Additionally several lines of code need to be commented out or changed. So I rather doubt that it is possible to run it in Photoshop Elements. This script only produces a 16-bit image in Photoshop and I never really liked its result. Better look out for a better HDR tool.

To make the Load Files into Stack script work you only have to replace line 35, which starts with "var g_StackScriptFolderPath =", with

Code: Select all

var g_StackScriptFolderPath = "/c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 
CS6/Presets/Scripts/Stack Scripts Only/"
Modify the path in the above line with the path of the "Stack Scripts Only" folder in your Photoshop folder.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Concerning other scripts: sometimes you can make them work if you just comment out the line that is mentioned in the error message. You can comment out a line by placing // at the beginning of the line.

jap47
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jap47 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
As it happens I have the trial version of Cs6 momentarely. I found the script you mentioned and I can alter it. But I suspect it will harm the proper functionality of Cs6. I also found the path for the scripts which are use by Pse11. Can I move the script from Cs6 to the Pse folder?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The modification of the "Load Files into Stack" script above lets you use the script in Photoshop as well as PSE.

The "Load Files into Stack" script also needs three other scripts from the "Stack Scripts Only" sub folder. So the main script only works if it can access the other three scripts. PSE versions of these three scripts are located in the PSE folder, so I would advice against simply copying these scripts from the PS to the PSE scripts folder. Better copy them to a new sub folder or rename them and then change the main script, so that it finds them.

Please also notice that the Photoshop license agreement requires you to uninstall Photoshop once the trial is over. This also includes removing all Photoshop scripts. If you do not purchase Photoshop after the trial, then using these scripts is illegal.