Elements 11 crashes when using shortcut alt/f/a

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
zenosmith
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Elements 11 crashes when using shortcut alt/f/a

Post by zenosmith »

If I use the short cut alt/f/a to save as, Elements 11 closes and I lose any work I was working on. Without Elements XXL installed, that would give me the "Save as:" folder.
It's not the end of the world but I have a habit of using that shortcut and have lost some time consuming work because of it. any help would be nice..
Thanks,
Ed

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Elements 11 crashes when using shortcut alt/f/a

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, hitting Alt+F+A does not work anymore. After using this combination several times, the menus were not drawn anymore and PSE 11 froze. I will issue a fixed version as soon as possible. Thanks for letting me know and sorry about losing your work.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The problem is that the menu items that are added by ElementsXXL cause a problem with the mapping of the menu item key accelerators. I just sent you an update that disables the key accelerators to avoid the problem. Let me know if it works and I will upload it for everyone.

I will try to make ElementsXXL fix the key accelerators, so that they work again in a future update. In the meantime please use key shortcuts instead of key accelerators.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I now uploaded a fixed version that deactivates key accelerators, so that the mentioned problems do not occur anymore. I will make key accelerators work with the next official update and also try to add key accelerators for the menu items of ElementsXXL.