Page 1 of 1

B/W Styler > Expert mode > "General" tab

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:12 pm
by Ando
Could you please explain in short words how the color contrast slider and the paper density slider work?

Is the first one similiar to the hue slider on the convert tab?

"Paper density" > is there something similiar in the traditional darkroom?

Thanks Harald

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:25 pm
by HaraldHeim
Yes, the Color Contrast slider is similar to a certain range of the Convert > Hue slider, but not identical. It allows stronger effects and simulates a Polarizer filter, which is less convenient to do with the Convert > Hue slider.

The Paper Density slider works in connection with the Multigrade slider. They both influence the look of the Multigrade effect. Needless to say that the Multigrade effect of B/W Styler is only a approximation of the effect that you can get with different photo papers. It also lets you achieve effects that are not possible by selecting a certain photo paper.