Photoshop CS5 and Light Machine

LightMachine specific discussions
zykwovux
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Photoshop CS5 and Light Machine

Postby zykwovux » Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Harry,

Soon I will be ordering the Mac version of Photoshop CS5, which has finally been reworked as a 64-bit application. I notice that Light Machine 1.03 is available in a 64-bit version for Windows. Will you be releasing another upgrade that will work in the 64-bit mode of Mac Photoshop CS5?

I believe that you will find that the market is very healthy for such an upgrade. Why? Because Adobe has decided NOT to spend any time reworking their old Lighting Effects filter so that it is totally compatible with Mac CS5: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/634842?tstart=0

I think that we all agree that Lighting Effects has always been far inferior to Light Machine. Seeing that Adobe is no longer supporting Lighting Effects (and is not including it in any copies of Photoshop CS5 that they ship) you've got the field all to yourself now. I realize that it's a lot of work, but I do hope that you will rewrite Light Machine to ensure that it will run flawlessly in the 64-bit mode on the Mac platform. We are relying on you!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 pm

We are working on 64-bit versions of our Mac plugins. In the meantime you have to run Photoshop CS5 in 32-bit mode to use our plugins.

LightMachine is a photo enhancement tool whereas The old Adobe Lighting Effects is a special effects plugin. So I do not think they occupy the same niche.

Return to “LightMachine”