Focalblade 1.01b Demo Still Listed in Filter Menu

FocalBlade specific discussions
msnow
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Focalblade 1.01b Demo Still Listed in Filter Menu

Post by msnow »

Hi,

I just purchased Focalblade but still see the "Focalblade 1.01b demo" listed in the filter menu and Help About Plugins. Why is this and how can I fix it?

msnow
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Nevermind, I fixed it...here's how.

Post by msnow »

Regarding my earlier email ("demo" showing up in Filter menu in PSCS) I found the answer. In Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\profile name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

There's a file names "PluginCache,psp". Delete it, PS will recreate it with the "non demo" version menu title in the Filters Menu.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Photoshop should always update the plugin cache. The cache is just for speeding up plugin scanning and not for replacing it. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I will suggest that to others who have a similar problem.

Previous full version of FocalBlade sometimes didn't overwrite the demo version, so I suggested that people with this problem should deinstall the demo version or at least delete the FocalBlade10.8bf file. But the latest full version of FocalBlade always overwrites demo versions, so this shouldn't happen.

So I guess your solution is more likely to work for the latest version.