Problem withThe Plugin site Panel finding Focal Blade 2.01

FocalBlade specific discussions
Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Problem withThe Plugin site Panel finding Focal Blade 2.01

Post by Gerald Byrne »

I have just updated Focal Blade 2.0 to version2.01 it appears and functions normally in the filter menu of CS4 but selecting Focal Blade in the Panel and clicking "Run" brings up a notice "the command filter is not currently available". This is more than inconvenient given that Focal Blade is both almost universally useful and potentially highly pixel destructive. Always using the panel set to either Duplicate or Stamp Up Layer is an obvious precaution for a 70+ year memory. I have tried un and re installing 2.01 and I have replaced the panel with the most recent version both to no avail, are others having the same problem, am I missing something or is there an inconsistency between the new version of Focal Blade and the Panel or the location in which the installer places the plugin.
G.H.Byrne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please download the TPS panel again. The first download link pointed to the old version. It is fixed now. Sorry for the problem.

Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gerald Byrne »

Harald Heim wrote:Please download the TPS panel again. The first download link pointed to the old version. It is fixed now. Sorry for the problem.
Sorry it is not fixed I have redownloaded from the first download link- no change. As I originally downloaded from this site minutes before the original post it had probably been already"fixed". Incidentally immediately before this download I had downloaded the TPS panel from the second site only to have extension manager tell me it did not have a proper signature.
G.H.Byrne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I just sent it to you by email. Pressing F5 in Internet Explorer would probably have brought you the updated page with the new download links.

Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gerald Byrne »

HaraldHeim wrote:I just sent it to you by email. Pressing F5 in Internet Explorer would probably have brought you the updated page with the new download links.
Still no luck . Panel you sent me works with "Harry's filters" but not updated Focal Blade or Plugin Galaxcy (both still avaiable through Filter menu)i.e. the sameas the ones I have downloaded.Have tried removing all three and reinstalling and in desperation created a new sub- folder called the Plugin Site in CS4's filter folder and moved all three into it but it still operates the same. Where exactly should the installers put each of the plugins?I don't know if it will give you any clue as to what has gone wrong but the Panel is taking a hellof a long time to boot up.
G.H.Byrne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It does not matter where the plugin are installed as long as they are available in Photoshop. It takes several seconds for the panel to show up, because it scans all plugins of Photoshop.

The panel works fine here. Maybe you still have the old version installed. Please remove it from the Panels sub folder of the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder and then install again.

Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gerald Byrne »

HaraldHeim wrote:It does not matter where the plugin are installed as long as they are available in Photoshop. It takes several seconds for the panel to show up, because it scans all plugins of Photosho Maybe you still have the old version installed. Please remove it from the Panels sub folder of the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder and then install again.

It still doesn't here I suspect the problem is not the Panel but that one of the CS5 bug fixes in the2.01 versions of Focal Blade and Plugin Galaxcy have created a bug for those still using CS4. For some reason unfathomable by me the Galaxcy 2.01 installer reinstalled the 2.0 version as well as the 2.01( both appear on the filter menu and can be opened there) and the Panel finds and opens the 2.0 version but not the 2.01.
G.H.Byrne