Focal Blade Welcome Screen

FocalBlade specific discussions
lvthunder
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Focal Blade Welcome Screen

Post by lvthunder »

I installed Focal Blade under Vista (PS CS3 Beta) and everytime I go launch Focalblade I get the Welcome Screen. How do I get this to stop?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like FocalBlade can't create the file FocalBlade.ini in its own folder. You need to make sure that the folder has the necessary access rights. To do that right click the folder, choose Properties and on the Security tab sheet activate "Read" and "Write".

themakeupgallery
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

same problem: welcome screen

Post by themakeupgallery »

I get the same problem with both focalblade and colorwasher. I've set their folders to give my user full control but it's still happening.

Using Vista 64bit plus photoshop CS3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It depends how you installed FocalBlade. If you installed FocalBlade, e.g. to C:\Programs\FocalBlade\, and used the installer to copy the FocalBlade plugin to your Photoshop Plugins folder, then you will need to chnage permissions for C:\Programs\FocalBlade\, because FocalBlade will first try to save the FocalBlade.ini in the installer folder. Alternatively you can also try to change permissions for the whole Photoshop Plugins folder.

If you installed FocalBlade directly to your Photoshop folder, you need to change permissions for the Photoshop Plugins folder.

themakeupgallery
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Thanks

Post by themakeupgallery »

Thanks - changed permissions on all three folders and now works fine.