Default Presets Taking Sharpen Values to Zero

FocalBlade specific discussions

Default Presets Taking Sharpen Values to Zero

Post by Guest »

I have been trying to learn FocalBlade, but there are some inconsistancies that are making it difficult.

I use PhotoShop Elements 2. I launch FocalBlade in Selective Sharpen Pro or Expert mode (where I can see the values selected by the different auto mode such) and then select one of the presets (as landscape & portrait) from the Right Click on the leftside of the TitleBar. The Edge and Surface Sharpen values are always set to zero values. So no matter which drop down choice is made on the Auto Sharpen, Auto Surface, Auto Details there is no change to the picture.

I then click RESET button, then if I slect one of the Preset modes from the Titlebar, then the proper values are placed on the sliders. Then everything works as expected.

There is also a new thing showing up as I write this. When FocalBlade is first launched, the view looks like a "mask" with stark white and black edges. This clears up if I left click on the preview window and the image is recalculated.

:-?
Allen

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you using Version 1.03 of FocalBlade or a previous version? The bug sounds as if it was from an older version.

I'm not sure about the B/W effect. Maybe just a temporary problem. Sounds like you got the same effect as if Mask Display was set to "Xray Negative".

Post by Guest »

The version number is 1.03. I will try downloading the program again and reinstalling the plug-in.

Allen