what is causing this bug

FocalBlade specific discussions
Ranjan

what is causing this bug

Post by Ranjan »

Last 2 days have been using focalblade Demo 1.02 & quite some time I noticed that the images stop responding to the plugin ie. no matter what option you select for sharpening but the images will not get sharpned.

It happened earlier too but I didnt payed attention but last 2 days its has happened around 6-7 times. I have to quit Photoshop & reopen it & then all works fine. Is focal blade memory hungry...........though I am using win 2000, 1GB ram 80gb diskspace.

Has anyone else had any such problems, I dont have the help files installed with demo version, so not sure if I am doing something wrong, or is it a bug?????

Regards
Ranjan

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you using FocalBlade on 16bit images and have the Auto Sharpen feature activated?

If you do, then you are experiencing a bug that will be fixed with the next release in max. four weeks. Auto Sharpen sometimes sets the Sharpen sliders to zero, because of a variable overflow that is produced by the large 16bit values.

Until the next FocalBlade update, please set Auto Sharpen to "Off" and manually adjust the Sharpen sliders if that problem occurs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FocalBlade isn't memory hungry at all. It processes images bit by bit, so it doesn't need the whole image in memory. If the physical memory isn't enough, Photoshop stores the image on harddrive and passes it bit by bit to FocalBlade and after it was processed, Photoshop writes it back to the hard drive. That system works much better than Window's virtual memory, because you usally don't notice any delay.