Color Washer

ColorWasher specific discussions
Kerry Pierce

Color Washer

Post by Kerry Pierce »

The new plugin sounds interesting. After reading about it in the newsletter, I came to have a look. While downloading the trial version, I looked at the price.... :o uhmm well..... it's a little more than I expected.

I see that you have student pricing. Will you also have a price break for people that have purchased other products from you, such as Plugin Commander?

Sally Beacham

academic discount

Post by Sally Beacham »

Hi Kerry -

There's an academic discount available for LVS students, $29.95. Hope this helps.

Sally

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think that ColorWasher has a very good price performance ratio (even more with the Academic License). There are other tools that cost a multiple of ColorWasher and offer less for their money. Or they cost less, but offer much less, too.

Please contact me privately about this matter. Thanks.

Terry

Academic license

Post by Terry »

I was wondering about the academic license..is it limited or fully functional?..and is the license only for a limited time? I read Sally's post about an academic discount being offered to LVS students. I am currently enrolled ( a returning student) at LVS in Stephanie Baker-Thomas's PhotoImpact Level II class.
Thank you ... Terry

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Terry, as you are a LVS student you can order the Student License. Please email me privately about it.

The Academic License is just as the name says a license type. It doesn't have to do anything the software. You get exactly the same software as the people that buy the regular licence.

There's no hidden time limitation and you are even allowed to use ColorWasher if you aren't a student anymore. I know some companies state in their license agreement that you have to buy a regular license after you left university or school. But we dislike such conditions and we aren't interested to maximize our revenue on people's cost.

[/list]

Re: academic discount

Post by Guest »

Sally Beacham wrote:Hi Kerry -

There's an academic discount available for LVS students, $29.95. Hope this helps.

Sally
Hi Sally! :D Way cool, but I don't think I'll be able to sign up at LVS for a while yet. Too busy with other stuff... :(

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:I think that ColorWasher has a very good price performance ratio (even more with the Academic License). There are other tools that cost a multiple of ColorWasher and offer less for their money. Or they cost less, but offer much less, too.

Please contact me privately about this matter. Thanks.
Hi Harald,

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the ColorWasher wasn't worth more than lesser tools, especially since I have no real idea as to its capabilities. It sounds like it is something that I'd like to use with PSP. I'll send you a private note as requested. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Kerry Pierce

Ack, I forgot to put my name on the last 2 messages... :-(

Post by Kerry Pierce »

Sorry about that... :oops:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It is OK, Kerry. I just wanted to explain the issue in case others might consider it too expensive without looking at its features and capabilities at first.

Jim

Post by Jim »

I just want to tell Harald and anyone concidering Color Washer. It is fantastic!
I know I could do some of the things color washer does, but I have found in comparing so of my older photos, that i'm not that good.
What I mean by it is, that this program does a better job than I could possibly do with out making mutiple changes which can be frustrating as some know. (real time saver)
Harald the CD made it to my door step in four days! (usa)
Great transaction, quick results, no problems.
Thankyou, Jim :D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the compliment. As I am correcting some thousand photos each year, I needed a tool like ColorWasher myself. That was the main reason for starting with its developing. But I never expected that it would turn out so good. There were a few points during its development where I could have said: "OK, lets leave it like this. It already produces good results." But some hard-to-correct photos and some friends pushed me to make ColorWasher even better.

When comparing ColorWasher with some other tools, I got the impression that the people who created them were pushed too little to improve them or they were simply too satisfied with the results of their work. So it has an advantage if you are never satisfied with your own work :-) It motivates you to make it even better.

Thanks for letting me know about the shipping time. A few other people reported a similar number. Nice to see that the postal delivery is improving. Before Sep 11 it took 7 days and afterwards 10 days in average. So the current 4 days are really good.