Color Washer and CS: The Right Plug-in Folder?

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Woodlands Mark

Color Washer and CS: The Right Plug-in Folder?

Post by Woodlands Mark »

I run PS CS on an XP machine. I have Neat Image and Red-Eye Pro installed in the Plug-In directory and they run fine. After installing them in the directory, PS picked them up and showed them in the Filter menu.

I have downloaded the Color Washer demo and installed it into the general CS plug-in directory--in other words, the same directory where NI and REP are located. I have also put the FocalBlade demo there. I have shut down CS and started it again, several times. CS can't seem to find Color Washer or FocalBlade. I have rebooted. Same thing.

If this is a demo-related issue, I'm happy to go ahead and pay for the product, since I will need to do it asap anyway. (I have about 400 shots taken with my D2h this weekend that--because I'm using a faster lens than I had previously used--has a lot of yellow in the ambient light. Levels and desaturating yellow can only take me so far. I now know that I need to over-expose by about a 1/3 stop, but I didn't stumble across that solution until the end of the shoot. I'm not a professional.)

So, I guess I have two questions. How do I get a non-demo copy? And what special things do I need to do to get CS to recognize it.

Thanks,
Mark

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

At frist please make sure that the files ColorWasher10.8bf and FocalBlade102b.8bf are lcoated in the Plug-Ins folder. If they aren't, then something went wrong with the installation. Install again in this case and make sure that you select the right folder.

Please also make sure that you didn't overlooked both plugins. They are located on the Filters > PhotoWiz sub menu.

You get a full version by buying it. There should be no difference between the demo and full verison in the way they are recognized by Photoshop.

The only other thing I can think of it what I have heared from someone. He had hundreds of plugins installed and Photoshop made fun of him by not displaying the one or other plugin at times. If you have too many plugins installed, you should try to clean up your plugins folder.