photowiz plugins upgrade policy

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Theresamarie1
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

photowiz plugins upgrade policy

Post by Theresamarie1 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or not. But here goes.
What is the upgrade policy for color washer, and for that matter, other photowiz plugin as they are made available.
I am considering purchacing color washer and see that it's quite early in it's product life, meaning it will probably go through a period of rapid upgrade and improvement as people use it. Do those who purchased it get free upgrades for life?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Theresa

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Here's what I can tell you:

Users of one PhotoWiz plugin will be able to purchase other PhotoWiz plugins for a reduced price as they will be complementary plugins. There will also be special prices for people who want to purchase more than one PhotoWiz plugins.

Concerning updates, I can only promise you that registered users will get all upates up to Version 1.99 for free. However, you should know that we tend to release many 1.x updates over a quite long period of time. Currently I can't garantee you a free Version 2.0 of ColorWasher, but I can't exclude it either. If Version 2.0 will be a major improvement over Version 1.x and involve a lot of work, it could be that we will require a small update fee. But I can garantee you that you won't have to pay an udpate fee for just a few new features that aren't essential (as many other companies do it).

We have released software product for four years now, and didn't require a update fee for our major products yet (except PG for AE because of special reasons), eventhough we release a lot of updates of these products.

I hope that helps answering your question.

Theresamarie1
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

upgrade policy

Post by Theresamarie1 »

Harald, thank you for your quick reply. I think your policy is good and fair, I appreciate that. Also, since no other photowiz plugins are available now, I assume that the discount will apply to future photowiz plugins for purchasers of one.

Thanks much,
Theresa

p.s.. I think this plug in could save a lot of steps and time in my photo processing..

Lynda

Post by Lynda »

Hi,

I just bought Color Washer and the version number in the manuel is 1.0. I received the letter from you stating that there was a slight upgrade to version 1.0c. However I don't have a clue as how to access the upgrade. I didn't see any links or instructions in the e-mail that would help me. I did go to the new download access URL but it looked like only the demo version was available there. Can you advise me? :-?

BTW Color Washer is a great plugin. :D

Thanks,
Lynda

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please ignore the "Version 1.0" in the manual. That's only the major version number. Version 1.0c of ColorWasher (ColorWasher10.8bf) has a file date of February 7, 2003. That's how you can be sure if you have the current version.

If you received the 1.0c email for registered users, please have a look at it again. It includes the download URLs for the update.

If that doesn't help, please email me with your full name, email address and order information if possible. Then I can give you the URLs again.
Sincerely,

Harald Heim
www.ThePluginSite.com