Default for split view?

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Sherrie B.

Default for split view?

Post by Sherrie B. »

I am adjusting several hundred pictures with Colorwash, and it is doing a great job :P , but.... each time I open the dialog box, I have to select the split view I want. Please... tell me there is a way to have the split view be visible as soon as I open it so I don't have to click to open and then click to choose. Is there an F1-12 button that will work?

As a suggestion, have the different F buttons work for Auto 1-4, it would really help on my carpale tunnel wrists.... :roll:

Thanks,
Sherrie B.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sherrie, thanks for your suggestion about the F-keys. I will consider it.

However, there is a problem with key short cuts in plugins. The image application usually captures all key presses and doesn't forweard them to the plugins. I guess that's why so few plugins use key short cuts.

I used a work-around in ColorWasher to provide them anyway. So I guess I'll be able to add your suggestion in the next version of ColorWasher.

I will also reevaluate if it makes sense to keep the uers's Split View choice constant between session. During the beta tests it caused problems, because some people forgot that they activated a SplitView and were confused when running ColorWasher again. But at that time the Split Views looked less distinguishable from "Split View Off". So I'll take it into consideration if that should be changed again.