Installing Plugins - Corel Paint Shop Pro X7 Ultimate

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
charmainejensen
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Installing Plugins - Corel Paint Shop Pro X7 Ultimate

Post by charmainejensen »

I just purchased Corel Paint Shop Pro X7 Ultimate - my operating system is Windows 7 64 Bit.

I generally keep my plugins in My Documents>My PSP Files>Plugins
I went into the above program and file locations and directed it to the location for my plugins and it would not recognize that I had plugins in that location. I then copied all of my plugins literally hundreds of them into the plugins folder for the X7 Ultimate Plugins folder and it would not recognize the plugins in its own folder.

Does anybody on this forum have X7 Ultimate? Do I need to install Dll's in the plugins folder. That is what I have done with my PSP X1.

Can anybody tell me if they have been able to get plugins to work with this program, I do know people using X6 and able to get plugins to work. Much thanks.

Charmaine

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Installing Plugins - Corel Paint Shop Pro X7 Ultimate

Post by HaraldHeim »

You probably have a lot of 32-bit plugins. They do not work with the 64-bit version of PSP X7. Please install the 32-bit version of PSP X7 and use your plugin with it.

charmainejensen
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

HaraldHeim wrote:You probably have a lot of 32-bit plugins. They do not work with the 64-bit version of PSP X7. Please install the 32-bit version of PSP X7 and use your plugin with it.

We installed the X7 as a 64 bit instead as a 32 bit, as my Windows 7 OS is 64 bit OS. If I reinstall the X7 as a 32 bit, will that affect my operating system.

Charmaine

charmainejensen
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

HaraldHeim wrote:You probably have a lot of 32-bit plugins. They do not work with the 64-bit version of PSP X7. Please install the 32-bit version of PSP X7 and use your plugin with it.
I have reinstalled my X7 in 32 bit version and many of the plugins have installed now and there are still many that will not install... go figure?

I even put into and earlier version of Windows compatibility mode to see if that would make a difference of bringing other plugins in that did not come in, but no go... some of the other plugins that did not come in I use off... like Mura Meister... and many others.

Thanks, Charmaine

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You cut try to patch the Mura plugins with this tool
http://www.filtermeister.com/fmpatcher/index.htm

Other than that deactivate DEP for PSP X7. See
http://www.thepluginsite.com/forum/view ... s+7#p19057