high resolution stills from video segments

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
aarastas

high resolution stills from video segments

Post by aarastas »

Does any one know of a plugin that will generate hi resolution stills from video? The only software I can find is VideoFocus but the $4000.00 price tag and workstation requirements are a little to much for me.

http://www.salientstills.com/product/product_intro.html

Thanks,

aarastas

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think the best and cheapest solution is to capture the image and edit it in Photoshop or any other graphics application. That way you can improve the look by removing noise and artifacts, resizing, sharpening etc.

Fernando Reis

High Resolution Pictures from Video

Post by Fernando Reis »

In Adobe Photoshop the best solution is a Filter/Video/De-interlace, and
up the image for 300 dpi.
Excuse my poor inglish. I'm a Brasilian.

Gooseneck

Post by Gooseneck »

What exactly is the video input? I have used a solution called "Snappy" that can make a 2100x1800 from a VCR Tape without a problem. Maybe It is too low tech for what you are looking for. So, no problem if this is not sophisticated enough for your use.

Hope it helps.

Michael P. Gosnell

aarastas

video capture

Post by aarastas »

Yes other than Snappy I've tired these other solutions but have not had the quality I want. The nice thing about a program like VideoFocus (if another one exists) is that it will take multiple video frames and combine them into a hi-resolution image. I once ran across a astronomy program that did this with video captured through a telescope but have not been able to relocate it.

~aarastas

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I came across a tool that takes multiple photos of the same scene and uses them to create a higher resolution version. However, I can't remember the URL or name.

cbalieu

try www.redhawkvision.com

Post by cbalieu »

Try www.redhawkvision.com
Let me know how it works for you.

Chuck
cbalieu@yahoo.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The 5-7 MegaPixel images in the Gallery at redhawkvision.com don't really convince me. The look very pixelated and certainly have a true resolution of 5-7 MP. I guess they only have a true resolution of 1-2 MP. With a good image enlargement tool like Genuine Fractals or PhotoZoom you should be able to produce similar results from 800x600 video captures.