can't access photoshop

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
shu miller
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

can't access photoshop

Post by shu miller »

i have just downloaded 2 of topaz labs plugins making the total plugins i own from topaz 5.
however, now i am unable to access my photoshop software......when i open open PS, the blue boxes run until "installing plugins" comes up and then PS stops. i have to shut down my computer and restart in order to use other computer applications. since i can't get into PS, is there something i can do to correct the problem. i have contacted topaz labs for help but have not gotten a response.

thanks for any help i may receive from this site!

shu miller

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: can't access photoshop

Post by HaraldHeim »

Try to locate the Topaz plugins (.8bf files) in the Plug-Ins sub folder of the Photoshop folder and delete them. Then see if Photoshop runs now. You could then try to run the installer of the plugins again.

As far as I know most Topaz plugins are actually standalone programs that are executed by a plugin. So alternatively you could run these standalones directly, e.g. from the Start menu, and open your image with them.

shu miller
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: can't access photoshop

Post by shu miller »

thank you. you have been very helpful! i will give it a try! shu