PS CS2: plugin for realtime preview of notinstalled 8BFs?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
mmmBacon
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PS CS2: plugin for realtime preview of notinstalled 8BFs?

Post by mmmBacon »

I downloaded a huge pack of free 8bf plugins. I recal photoshop doesn't like to have more than 250 filters at one time. Is there a plugin that can render the output of filters from WITHIN photoshop without actually providing the plugins to photoshop (CS2) itself?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There used to be a plugin a few years ago that did that, but it was discontinued because of compatibility problems with plugins. The company doesn't exist anymore as far as I know.

I don't think there is a 250-plugin-limit in Photoshop. Maybe that caused more problems in older versions of Photoshop and it may still cause problems in some cases now, but it doesn't necessary mean a problem. Still, it is a bit inconvenient to have so many plugins installed, because you have to hunt down larger menus.

If you want to view and apply plugins without installing them into Photoshop, you can have a look at Plugin Commander Pro at http://thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/. It can certainly save you some time when investigating downloaded freeware plugins and sorting out the ones that are useful for you.

mmmBacon
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by mmmBacon »

I did create a test subdirectory in photoshop only plugins and dropped in 50 filters, but almost every one had it's own menu entry. Is there a utility to edit the 8BF to convince them to live in a flyout of my own name?

Thanks! :) I saw that. I'm hopefully going to try the lite version of pcio this week. Or do I need pro for that?

I don't suppose there's any way to make CS2 "filter gallery" work with other filters is there?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I did create a test subdirectory in photoshop only plugins and dropped in 50 filters, but almost every one had it's own menu entry. Is there a utility to edit the 8BF to convince them to live in a flyout of my own name?
Plugin Commander Pro lets you do that.
Thanks! :) I saw that. I'm hopefully going to try the lite version of pcio this week. Or do I need pro for that?
The Light Version lets you do many things with FilterFactory plugins, but not with other Photoshop plugins.
I don't suppose there's any way to make CS2 "filter gallery" work with other filters is there?
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean...