Need Plugin for photoshop May be called Skin Paste

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
SteveBradford
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by SteveBradford »

Not sure if I’m missing something in your question, Jay, but do you really need a plugin to do this?

I do a lot of photo retouching and suggest that the Clone brush tool is the perfect answer to remove such blemishes. Although you can clone a sample from one image to another, the logical thing is to clone from the original image. Sample an area of similar tone and texture, next to the blemish, and clone that over the mark. This should make your retouching virtually invisible.

In Photoshop, the Clone tool is called (illogically, in my humble opinion) the Rubber Stamp.

Regards,

Steve

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There is a plugin called ImageDoctor from www.alienskin.com which lets you do photo retouching. I never used it myself. I usually use the clone tool or create feathered selections and copy them over other image areas.

mehdi
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by mehdi »

Well sorry if change slightly the subject; but i'm dreaming of a plugin that would turn a black skin into a white one and the reverse ( a kind of Micheal Jackson plugin)
:lol:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Why? Do you want to save yourself a plastic surgery ;-)?

Have you tried various methods of brightening up? The result don't look good?

mehdi
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by mehdi »

i've tried various method, but even if you make the skin looks brighter, it's quite clear that the skin was black ... it's not just a matter of "brightening", but something that is less obvious ...
I don't know if this is possible!

of course, this is for the fun ...

GillyH
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by GillyH »

I agree that your best bet for fixing blemishes is either the clone stamp and/or the healing brush, and I've also removed a port wine stain by underpainting on layers, with the top layer/original image set to luminosity and the under layer set to normal. If you play with the opacity on the normal layer you can get great results.

A sometimes good prog for fixing skin blemishes is "ClearskinFX"

freeware (scroll for it) http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwgeffects.html

A sometimes very good plugin for changing skin tone/ethnicity is "Skin Tune"

http://www.phototune.com/skintune_intro.html

Hope that helps

:)