Need to paste logos on photos

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
MsITtech
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Need to paste logos on photos

Post by MsITtech »

I am using Paintshop Pro 7.04. I have several pictures of stainless and ceramic cups and mugs that I need to paste logos on. I want it to look as if the logos were already etched or painted on when the photo was taken?

Does anybody know of a way to do this, or a tutorial that will show me how?

Thanks!

Jaci
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Jaci »

You could try using the deformation tool.

I'll see if I can find a tutorial on this otherwise I'll try to write one.

MsITtech
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

paste curved logos

Post by MsITtech »

Jaci wrote:You could try using the deformation tool.

I'll see if I can find a tutorial on this otherwise I'll try to write one.
Thanks! I haven't seen one yet. I found one for Adobe photo shop, but I'm not sure if I can use it in Paintshop Pro.

Tazzy

Pasteing Logos on Pictures

Post by Tazzy »

I make sure to outline my logo with the colors of the picture then cut with a feather the add it to the picture.

TARL_FURY
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by TARL_FURY »

It seems to me that the best way of doing this would be to convert your logo to a vector image, and then to edit your "nodes" as needed until you had a near-perfect fit.

*EDIT* Something just occured to me... I think that Ulead's Gif-X plugin can do it, using an effect called 3D MAP. I've never had to use it myself, but it looks like the perfect tool for the job.

http://www.ulead.com/gifx/samples.htm
GIF-X.Plugin allows you to wrap your company logo around a spinning 3D globe, create a waving flag, a glowing neon sign or add realistic natural and artificial lighting effects to your images and more!
Gif-X can "wrap" a logo "around" a *spinning* (animated) 3D Globe, so applying a logo to a single 3D image with it would be child's play.
repeat after me : "I will not hype craptacular software."