Plugins,Dll files, on Vista and Psppx2

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
ShiningKit
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Plugins,Dll files, on Vista and Psppx2

Post by ShiningKit »

:) Hi I am a newbie here. I have several problems right now.

I have a Vista, 32 bit operating system with 2.00 Gig memory. For some reason I am having the hardest time with my psppX2 and plugins. I did down load Dll files on my computer a long time ago, but they tell me now I need to update those with the new Dll files for Vista. I haven't been online for awhile due to illnesses, so I am behind in a lot of things.

I tried to update the DLL files, Vista would not let me, that is the first time that ever happen. It kept asking me for the adminstrator. Which is me.

I never did download the plugin commander on the Vista system, like I did on XP. So I need to know if I need to do that?

Every time I try to use my Visman plugins, psppx2 crashes and I get a DEP error message. I am not understanding this, could this be because I did not download the plugin commander on the Vista system. Or is there another problem with the filters that I don't know about?
Rest in God's Love. ShiningKit

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need to deactivate DEP to avoid the crashes. See here:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 11033.mspx

ShiningKit
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

About DEP

Post by ShiningKit »

You mean I should do it for just paint shop pro only? Right now it is setup to turn on for all programs and services except those I select.
Rest in God's Love. ShiningKit

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It is a good idea to activate DEP only for system programs to avoid problems with older software in general. But it also works if you put PSP on the exception list. But you may still experience problems with other old software then.