actions

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
carbonterry

actions

Post by carbonterry »

This is my first post and I need some help/advice. I have made several sucessful actions to increase production in setting up page sizes, modes, crops, guides etc. They work fine for a while and then nothing works as it was. My actions palette menu will not open either.
How about some help for a newbie?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds as if something is wrong with Photoshop. I hope you saved these actions as a .atn file, otherwise you may have problems recovering them.

You could try to reinstall Photoshop, but if you didn't save the actions, they are probably be gone then.

Post by Guest »

Thanks.....
I saved all actions and OEM plug ins to my desktop. Then I deleted PS7 and re installed. I could then open the actions menu and my new actions that I set worked fine. However, when I added the actions files from my desktop to their folder in PS7 I could no longer open the actions menu. The plug in filters installed with no problem. Is it possible to have too many actions stored in the folder?
Thanks again...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I never had hundreds of actions installed in Photoshop, so I don't know if that causes a problem.

What exactly do you mean with you can't open the Actions palette? Does the palette disappear or can't you select and run any of the actions anymore?

cCarbonTerry

Post by cCarbonTerry »

The action pallette will open/appear but when I click on the arrow to open the menu nothing happens.

Post by Guest »

What? Is the actions pallette empty? Or are the actions greayed out?

The actions you stored on your desktop....are the still in the actions folder within the Photoshop folder?

Have you tried reloading all of the actions through the action pallette?

I know there have been times when Photoshop 7's prefrences have gone nuts and everything sort of reset itself back to the default. Those times I needed to reload everything *extra* via each separate pallette....actions, swatches, shapes, styles, gradients etc. etc. etc.

CarbonTerry

actions

Post by CarbonTerry »

Thanks everyone for the help. I started deleting unloaded actions from the menu and the menu then would open. I must have had too many actions stored. I removed them by going into the PhotoShop Actions folder.
I have tried several times to post an answer and to register but I keep getting "Invalid_Session" message. I will keeeeeeeeep trying.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: actions

Post by HaraldHeim »

Good to hear that you solved the problem. Seems that Photoshop has a limit concering the number of actions.
CarbonTerry wrote:I have tried several times to post an answer and to register but I keep getting "Invalid_Session" message. I will keeeeeeeeep trying.
That happens if you reconnect to the internet while on the forum or if some kind of software (e.g. a firewall) suppresses some information that is exchanged between the browser and the web server.