COLOUR SYNC - Monitor & Printer...This is VIP

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Alex P
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

COLOUR SYNC - Monitor & Printer...This is VIP

Post by Alex P »

:o

I am trying to sync the print with the screen. I realize it will never be exactly the same but I don't think mine is even close. I bought a book which recommended a program called Test Strip but having called the vendor I have been told it's unavailable until next month....

:-?

I am going to look at companies like http://www.monacosystems.com/
but I really wanted to do it visually without using expensive devices.

Surely every Photoshop user has been frustrated by prints that don't match the screen. What's the point in making fine adjustments in Photoshop only to have a result really unexpected?

:evil:

Any one has any comments??? Recommendations... :D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Teststrip won't help you with the problem, because it is a color correction tool and no calibration tool.

One important step to make you printer match your screen is to calibrate your monitor. I added some tips for calibrating your monitor in the ColorWasher manual at http://thepluginsite.com/products/photo ... ration.htm

If you don't want to invest money for a hardware calibration device and don't have an ICM profile delivered with your monitor, you should at least use Adobe's Gamma tool delivered with Photoshop. Of course the best solutions is a hardware device.

Similar things apply for printers. Printer drivers from the original manufacturer should be sufficiently calibrated. If you are not satisfied and need more professional results, there are some companies who offer ICM profiles for certain printer models. Again the best solution here, too, is to get a hardware device for calibrating your printer.

Alex P
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Alex P »

Do you have any recomendations on hardware?

Cost is an issue but i'd still like decent results...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Have a look at www.colorvision.com for the Spyder products and at www.i1color.com for the Eye-One products. If you want to profile your monitor and printer, the most affordable package is probably SpyderPRO & PrintFIX from Colorvision. I will write a review about this product soon. I expect it to be good value for money.

NEILFIERTEL

PRINT AND SCREEEN DIFFERENCES

Post by NEILFIERTEL »

FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE PRINTING WHAT IS SEEN ON THE SCREEN, I CAN ONLY SUGGEST COLORSYNC WHICH IS THE MACINTOSH BUILT IN SCREEN AND PRINTER CALIBRATION AND DRIVER PREFERENCES WHICH WILL GIVE YOU JUST ABOUT PERFECT COLOUR EVERY TIME. YET ANOTHER REASON TO USE A MAC. I SET UP TWO PRINTERS IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES USING THIS SOFTWARE AND THE PRINTS WERE RIGHT ON. ONE FIRST CALIBRATES THE SCREEN, SAVING THE SETTINGS IN COLORSYNC, SET UP THE PRITNER AND TELL ITS SOFTWARE TO CHOOSE COLORSYNC AND THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THERE IS A COLORSYNC FOR WINDOWS. GO TO THE APPLE SITE AND SEARCH FOR COLORSYNC AND SEE IF IT IS AVAILABLE. OTHERWISE, YOU WILL HAVE TO BURN A LOT OF INK TO CALIBRATE YOUR PRINTER AND SAVE THE SETTINGS..