Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

Photoshop color picker

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop color picker

Postby olias32 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:23 pm

Hello
I was wondering if anyone knows a good replacement for the default adobe color picker within photoshop (on WINDOWS).
Something simillar to Apple's Painter's Picker: http://www.oldjewelsoftware.com/product ... index.html

I'm looking for something to replace the color picker, not a third party (i dont want another program open).
The features that i really need are color wheel, harmonies and a automatic color palette generator.

Anyone?

Thank you.
olias32
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

color picker

Postby poula_x » Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 am

Yes friend, just like you I also I love this color picker because it uses a color wheel instead of swatches or a big, square blob of color. How hard is it to find colors that truly work together this way? For me, next to impossible. And apparently for lots of folks creating web sites, it's impossible for them too! Arg. I tend to grab my battered color wheel left over from art school when choosing color schemes, though with Painter's Picker, it's like having a virtual color theory teacher by my side to boot.
poula_x
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby olias32 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:16 am

hey, since i posted this i found a color scheme generator on the web.
Its not a plugin for photoshop, so it's not the best solution, but it looks preety good and you can save it and use it offline

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

cheers
olias32
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Postby Weld » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi! this thread is rather old and I came here accidentally.

Anyway, there IS a good color picker replacement in Photoshop and it seems a few know about it. The Photoshop Color Wheel called MagicPicker.
Weld
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Re: Photoshop color picker

Postby JennyLu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:17 am

olias32 wrote:hey, since i posted this i found a color scheme generator on the web.

Its not a plugin for photoshop, so it's not the best solution, but it looks preety good and you can save it and use it offline

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

But you was looking for some plugin fr Photoshop, not the third side.. Anyway, thank you!
JennyLu
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re:

Postby Verifan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:53 am

Weld wrote:Hi! this thread is rather old and I came here accidentally.

Anyway, there IS a good color picker replacement in Photoshop and it seems a few know about it. The Photoshop Color Wheel called MagicPicker.

That's exactly I was looking for. Thank you people!
Verifan
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Return to Photoshop