Harry's Filters

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
fogelbirds
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Harry's Filters

Post by fogelbirds »

I was finally able to download, unzip and get Harry's filters onto my Photoshop CS program. I even got the Plugin Site to appear on my filter menu and I was able to choose a filter eg. Page Curl (which I've been wanting to use for the longest time!). Unfortunately my excitement was short lived because after I chose the Opacity etc and pressed enter ( I was working on a Background copy of my picture), NOTHING Happened. No Page curl and my background copy showed BLANK as if the whole picture erased. What am I doing wrong. Also I tried to do a Harry's edge on a picture. I got a black rectangle in the middle of my photo with a nice edge, but how do I get it to edge my photo? I am admittedly a newbie but I didn't think this part was so complicated. All the regular Photoshop cs filters work on the original Background or a copy. Thanks for your forum.Sharon

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like your are writing about Plugin Galaxy and not about Harry's Filters. The Plugin Galaxy demo version only lets you apply the Zoom and Pop Art plugins, because they are free. The other plugins can't be applied. You need to buy the full version to be able to use them.

Concerning Harry's Edges you need to set the Blend mode of the edge layer to Multiply (or invert the edge and set Blend mode to Screen to get a white border).

fogelbirds
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PlugIn problems

Post by fogelbirds »

Thank you..you were indeed correct. The filters that were downloaded were Plugin Galaxy and so they didn't work except Pop Art and Zoom. And so I am back at square one. I downloaded Harry's Filters into Photoshop CS plug-in folder. Then I went to windows explorer and unzipped them into same folder. I did the same for the Harry's Edges. I closed down everything and restarted the computer and opened Photoshop CS and there was NOTHING in the filter menu except those that were there from before. I checked on Windows Explorer in the Plug-in folder and there were many files like star.jpg which I believe is one of the edges. But how do I get them onto Photoshop? Thanks for your patience, Sharon.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The edge files are normal .jpg files, so you need to open them with File > Open in Photoshop. Here is a tutorial for that http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutori ... yingps.htm

Harry's Filters contains an installation program, so you need to run that and choose your plugins folder durting installation. Just copying the Harry's Filters installation program to you plugins folder doesn't work.

fogelbirds
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PlugIn success

Post by fogelbirds »

Thank you so much for your very clear explanation and instructions. I copies all the jpg edge files to their own folder in My Pictures called edges. Then I installed your filter into Plugins and it all worked!! Now, I noticed that you have a new filter (not installed in Harry's Filters) called Page Curl. How can I get it (free or paid). It is really beautiful! Thanks, Sharon.

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: PlugIn success

Post by Lesam »

[quote="I noticed that you have a new filter (not installed in Harry's Filters) called Page Curl. How can I get it (free or paid). It is really beautiful! Thanks, Sharon.[/quote]
Hi,
go to http://www.avbros.com/english/downloads.html you can download a demo of Page curl and even download the User guide in pdf to check out the product before you download. An excellent plugin
Lesam
The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

fogelbirds
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Page Curl Plugins

Post by fogelbirds »

Thanks for the recommendation...AV bros is nice but a true demo with it written all over the page. Any ideas for free page curls?

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Page Curl Plugins

Post by Lesam »

fogelbirds wrote:Thanks for the recommendation...AV bros is nice but a true demo with it written all over the page. Any ideas for free page curls?
Hi, email me at lesam@tpg.com.au
Lesam
The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask