Filters to make waves?

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Filters to make waves?

Post by chaitereye »

I want to make an image of a surfer on the ocean. Is there a filter or plugin that makes realistic waves?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There is one called Water Ripples from www.redfieldplugins.com and one called Flood from www.flamingpear.com. There are probably more plugins, but these two come to my mind at the moment.

chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Plugin for Waves

Post by chaitereye »

Thanks, Harry!
Those are pretty cool but they make ripples. I was really looking for something that makes big waves with the white foam. Not sure if there's anything out there that does that. But there are so many filters that do everything else I was hoping to find one.
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

shedrivesz
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Ocean Waves

Post by shedrivesz »

Some time ago, I was searching for the same effect you were,,surfer riding the waves. I tried all of the "Flood" and Flaming Pear" Plugins but just wasnt satisfied. Those are all great plugs, but I wasnt getting my desired results from just them alone.
I went out on a limb and by accident, created my own wave by experimenting with different plugs and some added extras.
I recorded my creation but just have to find it for you. When I find it, I'll send you the recipe. LOL!
I do remember starting my blank canvas with a black background than used a Gradient along the bottom half of the canvas to divide the horizon. Gradient colors chosen were ocean colors,,blue, aqua and white.
I do recall using the Motion Trail plugin from EyeCandy 4000.
At this point you will want to give your wave some sharp detail.
I also used the Constellation plugin from Alien Skin Xenofex 2.
I then used the "Glass" plugin from EyeCandy 4000 Series. Add the Glass filter to the sky to create real looking waves.
Last but not least, I used Flaming Pears "Flood" plugin.

Maybe you can play around with these effects and create a wave. I did it once so I know it can be done again. Good Luck

shedrivesz
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Foam

Post by shedrivesz »

If you want compliment your wave with foam, Coral Painter has tons of awesome, unique brush strokes. I use one called Cake Frosting or Icing, it could pass as foam.

chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Wave Filters

Post by chaitereye »

Thank you for your reply. I tried your directions but had no success whatsoever. If you ever find the actions you recorded PLEASE send them to me! I would be most grateful.
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

chaitereye
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Wave Filters

Post by chaitereye »

Also, thank you, shedrivesz but I don't have Painter. Could those brushes be used in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, Painter brushes can only be used in Painter and no other application. It may be possible to convert them by saving them as a image file, but you need Painter for that, too.