Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

Photoshop 7/Mac OS 10.2 install questions

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop

Postby jones » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:05 pm

I'm trying to find out some info before I make some software purchases, wondering if any Mac users can help....

I have an older Mac, running OS 8.6 with Photoshop 6. I also have a newer Mac someone gave me, running OS 10.2.6. I want to switch over to the newer Mac, but Photoshop 6 won't install on that OS without Classic being installed on that computer (I don't have a Mac OS 9 or 10 disk).

My question, if I can make sense: If I upgrade to Photoshop 7 (with a legal upgrade disk), will I be able to use one of my older Photoshop disks in the OSX computer when I'm asked to put the disk in?
jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Postby goldwinger11 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:32 am

Yes you will be able to use the upgrade to Photoshop CS2. During the installation it will ask for the serial number of the original copy of photoshop if it isn't seen by the installer.
goldwinger11
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Photoshop 6 can only be used under OS X if you have OS 9 installed on a seperate paritition. If you do not want to have OS 9 installed, you need to use at least Photoshop 7 which works under OS X.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Return to Photoshop