Batching query

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Bobby

Batching query

Post by Bobby »

Hi

I've a question re batching. When I'm using batch and saving to folder, every time the file is saved I get a dialogue box asking me to save and then a second jpeg options box. The problem is I can't leave the computer because I keep having to OK these dialogue boxes, and when I'm batching 200+ files it's wasting a lot of time. Is there a way of pre-setting the saving function to accept the save and go on to the next file?

Thanks.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I know this problem. I haven't looked around for a solution yet. Maybe someone else can help.

Harry Porter
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Harry Porter »

I suggest you use Irfanview - it will do everything you are asking easily.

Crazyhorse

Quality

Post by Crazyhorse »

You lose quality with infran view.

kraftwerk
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by kraftwerk »

Probably you are batching with some action, witch has save as in? Right? So, try to override that action in the batch dialog box? maybe that is the key?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Here is what Tim Grey (http://www.timgrey.com) wrote about this problem

"... All you need to do is check the "Override Action 'Save As' Commands" checkbox in the Batch dialog box when you select File > Automate > Batch to process your images (be sure the Destination option is set to Folder and that you select an appropriate location to save all the files being processed). This is certainly not the most obvious solution, and it actually introduces some other requirements that are also not terribly obvious. But it will work. The key is that in order to use this option, you do actually need to have a Save step in your action.

I recommend that you think of it like this: The Save step in your action defines how you want the file to be saved in terms of the actual settings used (file format, JPEG or TIFF options, etc.). The "Override" option in Batch then controls where the files are saved and with what filename, but the settings in the Save step are still used for those files. By using both together, you're able to specify how the files should be processed, where to save them, and in the process Photoshop won't present the JPEG (or other) options dialog box because it already knows what to do based on the Save step in the action."