Thumbnails in Photoshop

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
EYE-lene!
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Thumbnails in Photoshop

Post by EYE-lene! »

I want to print out little stickers of my work & put them on the back of my business cards. Is there a way to print out a whole sheet of specifically sized thumbnails in photoshop quickly without having to do them one at a time?
Creatively Yours,
EYE-lene!

Thumbnails on calling cards

Post by Guest »

The best way in photoshop is to create an Action for your specifications as to size and how many on an 8.5x11 sheet of labels. Did you want a variety of photos (which will be harder because you will want to put your different photos in a separate folder so you can file/automate/contact sheet II .... and make an Action based on your contact sheet. -OR- use a single image, size it at about 1.75 x 3.25 or smaller (be sure to leave some white space for your margin). If you add some type, flatten that to the image layer. Then duplicate the new layer, canvas size to 8.5x11, add your Guides so they correspond with your label paper, then duplicate each layer and move into the correct position in each label space. Actions are a very powerful tool and I use them a lot. I think my longest one is about 100 commands. If this is the first time you've ever tried to make an Action, it'll take you several hours. As you get more experience, you'll be able to create an Action for a single image in just a few minutes. Creating an Action for multiple images from a file will take about 30-40 minutes... AFTER you know what you are doing. DO NOT try this if you are not very comfortable with Actions yet.